Located at an elevation of 6,000 feet in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains, Ranchos de Placitas (RdP) is truly a high desert community offering a quiet and peaceful lifestyle in Placitas, New Mexico.
Placitas, New Mexico
Placitas is located on State Road 165 east of Interstate 25 between Santa Fe, 34 miles to the north, and Albuquerque 13 miles to the south. The Sandia Mountains and Cibola National Forest are just to the south offering nearby nature trails. Originally twenty-one founding families moved into the area and formed the Village of Placitas, meaning “little plazas”. The pleasant residential community atmosphere of years past continues today.
Vegetation in the area consists primarily of Pinon Pine, Ponderosa Pine and various species of Juniper, Oak, and Cacti. Temperatures will range from the teens in the winter to the high 90s in the summer. Annual precipitation averages 8 – 9 inches, with approximately 6 inches occurring during the summer growing season.
This foothill location will generally experience 3 to 4 snowfalls between November and April. The first killing frost comes around the end of September with the last killing frost taking place around mid-May, thus providing a growing season of about 4 ½ months.
Ranchos de Placitas was established in 1959 as a subdivision of Sandoval County, New Mexico. Ranchos de Placitas consists of approximately 300 acres located on the northern end of the Sandia Mountains 3 miles west of the Village of Placitas. The community has lots ranging in size of 1 to 5 acres.
Ranchos de Placitas North and South
The Ranchos de Placitas community is comprised of seven different construction phases. North Ranchos de Placitas containing construction Units 4, 5, 6, and 7, and Ranchos de Placitas South containing construction Units 1, 2, and 3 are represented by two separate owner associations.
RdP Community Associations
Units 1, 2, and 3, or South Ranchos de Placitas, and Units 4, 5, 6, and 7, or North Ranchos de Placitas both have their own organizational associations.
RdP South – Ranchos de Placitas Homeowners Association
Ranchos de Placitas Homeowners Association was established in August 1959 to ensure that all lot development and construction in Units 1, 2, and 3 followed set standards for appearance and safety preserving the natural beauty and character of the community as outlined in the Restrictive Covenants adopted in 1959. Restrictive Covenants were originally placed and made binding on all lots in Units 1, 2, and 3 of Ranchos de Placitas in August of 1959, December of 1959, in April of 1960 and amended in July of 1979.
The Ranchos de Placitas Homeowners Association is a non-profit corporation to provide organization for home and lot owners in Ranchos de Placitas, Units 1, 2 and 3. A Board of Directors is elected to oversee and enforce the Restrictive Covenants. The Board consists of a President, Treasurer, Secretary and two members elected on an annual basis. Their Board also oversees and appoints their Architectural Committee.
If you are you looking for information about the Ranchos de Placitas Homeowners Association (encompassing the lots of South RdP, or Units 1, 2, and 3) you can visit that organization’s website or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
RdP North – Ranchos de Placitas Property Owners Association
Restrictive Covenants were originally placed and made binding on all lots in Units 4, 5, 6, and 7 in June of 1964, April of 1965, May of 1968 and October of 1970. The Ranchos de Placitas Property Owners Association was established in 1983 with an architectural committee to oversee Units 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Ranchos de Placitas Property Owners Association, a non-profit association incorporated under the laws of the State of New Mexico, was established in 1983 to oversee Units 4, 5, 6, and 7. The purpose of the Association is to give property owners a stronger collective voice in all matters which may be of mutual concern and interest, to foster community awareness and to impose the restrictive and protective covenants. A Board of Directors is elected by the general membership every 2 years consisting of President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Each Unit shall be entitled to appoint a representative of that Unit to serve as director and who shall be present at any time and all executive committee meetings.